French press has been the trusty workhorse for coffee aficionados for a long time. French press coffee is thick and heavy-bodied, and ready for action in just four minutes. We’re sure someone somewhere told you to measure 2 spoons of coffee for every cup – but how big is a cup? We’ve taken the math out of the equation for you: here are directions for a 4 cup French Press.
Let's Brew This
- Weigh and grind 31 grams coffee
- Add grinds to French Press.
- Gently pour a small amount of just boiled water water over grounds
- Give the grounds a gentle stir with a bamboo paddle or chopstick. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of your water and position the lid gently on top of the grounds. Don’t plunge just yet. Let the coffee steep for four minutes.
- Take the plunge and press the filter down slowly. To achieve the perfect cup of coffee, decant it immediately after brewing so it doesn’t become too bitter.
- 31 g coffee fresh roasted whole bean coffee*
- 510 ml / 17 oz hot water (203˚F /95˚)
- French Press
- Burr Grinder