French press has been the trusty workhorse for coffee aficionados for a long time. French press coffee is thick and heavy-bodied, and ready for action in just four minutes. We’re sure someone somewhere told you to measure 2 spoons of coffee for every cup – but how big is a cup? We’ve taken the math out of the equation for you: here are directions for a 4 cup French Press.
*Feel free to adjust stronger or weaker to your tastes
1. Weigh and grind 31 grams coffee
2. Add grinds to French Press.
3. Gently pour a small amount of just boiled water water over grounds
4. Give the grounds a gentle stir with a bamboo paddle or chopstick.
5. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
6. Add the rest of your water and position the lid gently on top of the grounds. Don’t plunge just yet.
7. Let the coffee steep for four minutes.
8. Take the plunge and press the filter down slowly.
9. To achieve the perfect cup of coffee, decant it immediately after brewing so it doesn’t become too bitter.
Organic From Seed to Cup
By choosing Cherry Hill certified organic coffee, you are supporting socially and environmentally responsible coffee. Organic coffee is better for you, better for the environment and better for the workers who pick the beans