If you’re looking to up your coffee game and get serious about pour-over brewing we’d like to introduce you to the Chemex. Equal parts brilliance and common sense, the Chemex remains a staple in every coffee enthusiast’s arsenal. Its design has endured, unchanged since its invention in 1941.
*Feel free to adjust stronger or weaker to your tastes
1. Weigh and Grind Coffee (Drip Grind)
2. Rinse Paper filter and place the filter in the top of Chemex brewer with thick portion toward the pouring spout.
3. Place coffee grounds in filter.
4. Begin pre infusion of coffee by pouring 175 ml (6 oz) evenly over grounds (Start timer)
5. Allow coffee to ‘bloom’. Wait 30–45 seconds. Add remaining water by slowly pouring in small concentric circles starting in centre and working your way to the outside.
6. As the water continues to empty from the top filter into the Chemex, maintain a consistent water level. This will require multiple pours. Total brew time should be 4 minutes.
7. Remove filter and serve.
Organic From Seed to Cup
By choosing Cherry Hill certified organic coffee, you are supporting socially and environmentally responsible coffee. Organic coffee is better for you, better for the environment and better for the workers who pick the beans