Quick + Easy Chemex
If you’re looking to up your coffee game and get serious about pour-over brewing we’d like to introduce you to the Chemex. Equal parts brilliance and common sense, the Chemex remains a staple in every coffee enthusiast’s arsenal. Its design has endured, unchanged since its invention in 1941.
Let's Brew This
- Weigh and Grind Coffee (Drip Grind)
- Rinse Paper filter and place the filter in the top of Chemex brewer with thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Place coffee grounds in filter.
- Begin pre infusion of coffee by pouring 175 ml (6 oz) evenly over grounds (Start timer)
- Allow coffee to ‘bloom’. Wait 30–45 seconds. Add remaining water by slowly pouring in small concentric circles starting in centre and working your way to the outside.
- As the water continues to empty from the top filter into the Chemex, maintain a consistent water level. This will require multiple pours. Total brew time should be 4 minutes.
- Remove filter and serve.
- 55 grams coffee (Ground for #8 Drip)*
- 650 ml / 20 oz water (200˚F /93˚)
- Gooseneck kettle
- Burr Grinder